Full keyboard edit in online mind mapping software MindV
Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:52:00 PM
When you edit a mind map, you may want to edit it as quickly as possible. But how to improve your productivity ? The short cut keys will be the key to the solution.
Let us review these keys:
- Enter: Add topic
- Insert: Add a subtopic
- Shift + Enter: Add a topic or subtopic below the current selected topic. The inserted topic will have the same parent topic as the selected topic.
- Ctrl+Shift + Insert: Add a topic or subtopic above the current selected topic. The inserted topic will have the same parent topic as the selected topic.
- Delete:Delete current selected topics
- Tab:A topic has two status, the navigating state and inputting status. In the navigating status, user can navigate all the topics by pressing Tab key (from current selected topic to it's sub topic); when user try to input some characters, the topic will enter inputting status; when user press tab again, it will end the inputting status into the navigating status again. Only in the navigating status, mindv can respond to the shortcut keys .
- Shift+Tab: Same as tab, with the difference heading in the opposite direction to navigate topics (from current selected topic to it's parent topic).
- Up: Same as tab, the difference is that the direction is from current selected topic to it's top sibling topic.
- Down: Same as tab, the difference is that the direction is from current selected topic to it's below sibling topic.
Using these short cut keys you can insert any level topics as quick as possible. But remember that a topic has two status. You can change a current selected topics status by impressing Tab key.
Download MindV help files from download.com:
http://www.mindv2.com/ (Simplified chinese)
http://tw.mindv.com/ (Traditional chinese)
http://mindv2.cloudapp.net/ (MindV online mind mapping service)
http://hi.baidu.com/mindvsales/blog (Hanson's simplified chinese blogs)
http://cn.linkedin.com/pub/hanson-chen/28/464/89a (Hanson's linkedin home page)